President and CEO of Heroic Media
Husband to Sharon for 41 years, and father to Bethany, David and Susan, Mike joined the Heroic Media team as President and Chief Executive Officer on March 1, 2018.
Preceding this position, Mike was Area Director – The South and Senior Director of Philanthropy for FOCUS, the Fellowship of Catholic University Students, co-managing FOCUS’ 39-person philanthropy team, managing one-third of the United States, and responsible for cultivating, soliciting and stewarding many of FOCUS’ leading benefactors nationwide. Mike also founded and led FOCUS’ Campus Advancement program nationwide.
Prior to FOCUS, Mike was Sr. Consultant for Petrus Development, LLP, working with Catholic campus ministry centers at universities throughout the country, including Texas A&M University, the University of Texas, Duke University, the University of Colorado-Boulder, The Ohio State University and others, as well as managing comprehensive campaigns for Benedictine College and the University of Saint Mary.
Prior to Petrus, Mike was National Director of Advancement for the Catholic Campus Ministry Association in Cincinnati, working with the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops to support Catholic Campus Ministry centers and their staffs nationwide. Mike also served as Executive Director of the Capital Campaign at the University of Dallas. Prior to that, he served as Texas State Director of Development for Audubon Texas and managed corporate giving for Texas Wesleyan University. A fourth-generation Texas native, Mike began his professional career as a Catholic parish youth minister and then as Director of Campus Ministry and Theology teacher at Nolan Catholic High School, Fort Worth, Texas.
Mike’s education includes a Bachelor of Arts in Theology from the University of Dallas and graduate studies in Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and in Philanthropy and Development. Mike’s volunteer work includes the following current and past service:
Vice President and Founding Director, Board of Directors, St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School, Austin, Texas
Chair of the Development Committee and the Catholic Mission Committee, St. Dominic Savio Catholic High School, Austin, Texas
– Director, Heroic Media Board of Directors, Austin, Texas
– Director, March for Life Board of Directors, Washington, D.C.
– Director, Acts XXIX Board of Directors, Detroit, Michigan
– Director, Nolan Catholic High School Board of Directors, Fort Worth, Texas
– Chair, Development Committee, Nolan Catholic High School Board
– Member, Strategic Planning Committee, Nolan Catholic High School
– Chair, St. Rita Catholic School Board of Directors, Fort Worth, Texas
– Founding Chair, Development Committee, St. Rita Catholic School Board
– President, Fort Worth, Texas Chapter (1,500 members) of the National Audubon Society
– Director, State Board of Directors, Audubon Texas
– Director, National Alumni Board, University of Dallas
– Reunion Campaign Co-Chair, University of Dallas
– Program Chair, Rotary Club of Western Fort Worth
– Campus Ministry Committee, Diocese of Fort Worth
– Director, Dayton Audubon Society Board of Directors, Dayton, Ohio
– Campaign Steering Committee, University of Iowa Newman Center
– Campaign Steering Committee, Stage Door Theater, Conifer, Colorado
– Member: Association of Fundraising Professionals
– Member: Council for the Advancement and Support of Education